Monday, February 2, 2009

Teri Time...a more personal note

In keeping with the wonderful support and love of Teri supporters I'd like to nominate Thursday evening at 8 PM as Teri Time. Until the day we can take a deep breath and know she is well and ready to sail another day...please let us join together and dream of the day cancer is eliminated from our vocabulary. The day she is finally free from it's grasp and never has to endure another horrible chemo treatment.
For those of you who don't know...our Mother developed breast cancer in her early 40's and then again nine years later in the other breast. She is still with us today 30 years later. It can happen for Teri too. The first day my Mother was diagnosed I wrote to the nuns in upstate CT and asked them to pray for her. I prayed through her surgeries and I have prayed for her ever since.
I believe our thoughts and intentions are tools and that we do not live in isolation.
I want Teri to live...live to be an old bubbly, crazy pain, in my butt. I want to hear her and Pete argue over sail trim till I'm deaf in one ear. I want to worry about how I'll cook a great meal that's limited to no flour, starch and no sugar. I want that challenge. I want her to nag me like a mother hen and tell me how to eat and what vitamins I should be taking. Every Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, and birthday I want her there. I want to be like the old sister in the movie "The Whales of August ". I want her there for my parents...who's hearts are breaking and her husband Pete who adores her and orbits her like the moon does the earth. I am selfish and I hope you are too. We want her here...
I'll see you in Teri Time Thursday February 5Th 2009, 8PM.
Love La

4 comments:

  1. I am with you La.. I want to hear her scream at me to watch my head a million more jibes, I want to eat noodle surprise in the middle of the night during the block island race. I want to spend evenings rolling turkey and cheese with her..... I want to hear her tell me that i am becoming exercise obsessive and maybe I should slow down. I can go on forever. I am selfish too, I want many more years of the love and joy that Teri brings to my life and so many others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise I will be sending my thoughts and prayers to Teri from San Diego on Thursday at 8PM, and even at 5PM my time to cover all the bases! I can tell she's a beautiful person from her picture; she glows...My love to her Mom and Dad. Ernestine Smith

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, every day is teri time. I keep a positive throught every day for her and because of her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You said it all La...your words, so beautiful & heartfelt for Teri...A love so great for your sister..to be there for each other..not only during the happy times ,but the difficult times too. So many happy memories come to mind & I want more of them too! I agree with Cousin Linny..Every day is Teri Time! We are all Sisters of the Heart.. so this Big Sis is sending out her love & prayers to both my Little Sisters,Mom & Dad & Pete

    ReplyDelete